Monday, August 13, 2007

Recipe #1 : Bolognese ala Monique


My friend MS recently got married. He loves my pasta. Or at least I think he loves it enough to conjure a bet involving a supply of my pasta for a year in case I lose. The bet concerned the gender of their baby. I was wishing they'd have a girl since I already have a nephew and he firmly wants a boy. We will find out in December. Anyway, I promised his wife RS that I would share my pasta recipe with her. Enjoy M and R and again my best wishes!!

Bolognese ala Monique*

3/4 k ground pork
5 pcs whole onions, minced
5 pcs whole garlic, minced
7 pcs fresh tomatoes, small diced
1/4 k button mushroom, quartered
1 1/2 pcs Knorr chicken cube
250 g Del Monte Filipino style tomato sauce
1 big can Capri whole peeled tomato
a few dashes McCormick whole dried basil
a few dashes McCormick whole dried oregano
black and green olives, as many as you want
several pinches (?) brown sugar
two swirls of extra virgin olive oil

1. Heat the pan (high heat).
2. Saute' onion, garlic, ground pork, fresh tomatoes.
3. Throw in a can of whole peeled tomatoes, shred it a bit while in the pan.
4. Add the chicken cubes, black and green olives, mushrooms and a few pinches of sugar.
5. Add tomato sauce, basil and oregano and stir until sauce reduces and oil appears on top.

Boil your choice of pasta with a pinch of salt and a dash of olive oil for 15 minutes in high heat.
Combine pasta and sauce then serve.


*Monique can't be a bad name if she turns out to be a girl...joke lang

No comments: